I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Another Try?!!

Hello all!
This last year has been an incredibly stressful one! I've had some work challenges, a miscarriage, and we had to bury my niece. Sometimes you just wonder how God is able to allow so much pain in one's life. His plan is so hard to accept sometimes!
Nathan and I are still hoping to be able to raise children. We know that this may not be God's plan for us and we will accept that if and when we feel that He has given us that clear answer.
In April we decided to try taking fertility medication to see if I would ovulate properly. I have been having cycles that have ranged from 21-36 days and it has been very frustrating.
On May 17th I was on day 37 of my first month on Clomid. At 3:30am I just couldn't sleep so I took a test. It looked positive, but I knew that I had to take another to be sure. I lay awake for the rest of the night thinking about how our lives might change next year. Just before Nathan left for work that morning I took another test and it was also positive! I told him he was going to be a daddy again! His response was one of joy and excitement!!!
On June 9th (8 weeks) I had an ultrasound at Boundary Trails hospital to make sure that this baby has a heartbeat. I had so much anxiety about this ultrasound because we have never come out of an ultrasound room with smiles on our faces.
I asked if Nathan could be in the room with me at the start of the exam, but it is against their policy so he had to stay in the waiting area. The tech who did my ultrasound was the same one who did the one with my miscarriage and with Mason and she remembered me. In Winkler it always seems like an ultrasound exam is a big secret and the patient isn't supposed to know anything right away, but I think that she could tell that I needed her to tell me about this baby right away. As soon as she saw this little miracle she told me that there was a strong heartbeat. I was so relieved! She turned the monitor to me and showed me where the head was and the little, tiny heart that was pumping strong. Then she did a few measurements and confirmed that I am eight weeks along. She also told me that I have a tilted uterus. She didn't know if this could be the reason that we have a hard time conceiving, but some believe that this could be why. After this she called Nathan into the room and showed him this beautiful baby! We even got to see the spine and the little limbs that are developing! What an incredible miracle!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment