I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
Psalm 139:14

Monday, August 3, 2009

Winnipeg Appointment


We had another appointment in Winnipeg this last Friday. First of all one of the techs began our ultrasound and showed us the cute little face of our baby. Looking at the pictures, I believe that it has Nathan's chubby cheeks! Eventually she got another tech to come in and continue the untrasound and finally Dr. Reid himself came in. They all seemed to be looking closely at the heart so I began to really worry that there would be more bad news. It turns out that our baby is just very shy of the camera and is not in a good position for them to see everything as well as they would like. There is still the omphalocele, where the intestines, lower stomach, and liver are in the ambilical cord. There is still the Diaphragmatic Hernia and the Scoliosis. Because of all the things that are not in the baby's body it is a smaller size then would be normal. Other than these things everything still seems okay. We have another appointment in four weeks and at this appointment we will be meeting with a pediatrics surgeon to discuss the procedures that will take place with our baby once it is born. I get excited for these appointments to see our baby but at the same time they are dreaded because of the situation! Thank you all so much for your support and prayers! We feel them everyday and are very grateful!!!

5 comments:

  1. So cool that you get to have pictures a second time. I'd love to see baby every few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I believe it. I'm looking forward to hearing about your next appt and the meeting with the surgeon.
    Sending prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Crystal. I'm sure you've seen my walk past your house like a million times, as I live just down the street from you :) My sister shared your blog with me, and I finally got to reading it today.

    I'm so sorry to hear that things are not looking good for your little one. That has to be so difficult for you guys, hoping and wishing for a beautiful heathly baby, and not sure what's going to happen.

    I thought of something that I wanted to share with you. Back in January I miscarried and I was searching for some kind of comfort and a way to remember our baby. I came across this blog:
    http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com

    Have you ever heard of the Christian music group called Selah? Well, one of the men in the group is the father of little Audrey Caroline, and the blog is their story of a pregnancy with many trials. You can read through their whole story if you click on the link in the sidebar.

    The other thing I wanted to share with you is the song that these parents wrote for their little girl. I think you might find it something that you can relate to in a way.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=J2CnUtVY35o

    I'm praying for a miracle for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you continue to hear only good things and good news!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete